Pasi Julkunen (DI) has worked with mobile machinery for more than 35 years in various positions practically throughout the entire processing chain.
Research- Product development & Production - Technology development- Supply development- IPR protection – international projects & networks – Strategic sourcing & Lean – Production technology development – Production transfer projects on a global scale – Innovation management & Crisis management – Profitability management – Product support & warranty process.
The scope of work has varied from the grassroots level to the forefront of international distribution and a strategic perspective, where the effects of the measures have been verified over a period of up to 20 years. Lessons have been constantly drawn from these, also for the fast flow of short-range tasks.
Examples of knowledge capital:
- Ability to lead long-term research towards the productization of more than 25 research projects that have progressed to funding, with more than €50 M of development investment
- 28 mobile work machine productization processes, 18 high-tech components, 3 Asian projects, 7 automation products, 4 service products and two technology platforms, as well as the supply maintenance process
- Pioneer of industrial design in mobile machinery: bringing design into the product development culture of machinery (24 equipment projects, 6 service design/vision projects)
- Technology and cost development of precision manufacturing and the demanding equipment assembly process
- Supplier network management and development (10 years of experience in supplier network development and procurement processes, outsourcing, financial analyses, work process analyses)
- Management of IPR protection (35 years of experience, 52 patent families, processing of thousands of invention notifications, fight against pirates with different protection methods, information security projects)
- International R&D networks (Australia, Sweden, Germany, Austria, USA, India, China, South Africa, Chile, Canada, ...) years of practical experience
- Corporate risk management (product liability cases/ USA, risk analyses, major changes)
- Production relocation projects in the domestic and international arena (4 heavy relocations)
- Strategic management (Supply, Technology, Production and Division level strategy)
- Innovation/Crisis management 6 crises of the low economy and building a new one after the crisis
- Practicality and the ability to work at the grassroots level in cooperation with different work roles - also as one of the workhorses - different calculations and new openings everyday
- Management of people and things, teams of 3-100 people, change management (technology, recovery from crisis), continuous training in business management during career
- Activities utilizing ecosystem cooperation (various networks and platforms, Smart Manufacturing in the network, one of the founding members of the MEXPinland ecosystem)
- Due Diligence (Company Acquisition Evaluation: Case South Korea, Case Italy, Case Finland)